Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Narrow Way

I am in a strange place right now. A place where my walls have drawn inward and I recognize that my world has become much smaller. Like the picture, the path that my feet are on is narrow and strewn with rocks. The wonderful part, though, is that the path leads up! Like always, the Lord whispers to me, "Take my hand and walk with me. Stay close to me for I will help you! I will be your light. I, myself, will show you the way. Trust me, dearly loved daughter."

A few months ago I really felt the Lord speaking to me about priorities and focus. Like many of you, I truly desire that my focus be fully upon Him. Yet, the things of this world, good and bad, clamor for my attention...

I am the type of person who gives my all to everything I do. If you are talking to me, I will be with you. You will not find my eyes darting around to other "more important" people that I think I need a word with. If I am hiking with you, it will be all about taking that chunk of time to enjoy one another and soak in God's awesome creation. If I commit to something with you, I will be faithful and will involve myself to the brim. Though things try to crowd my mind, I purpose to give my all to each situation I find myself in.

At the present time, I have a few important things on my plate that require a lot of time and energy. In order to keep the Lord at the forefront of everything I do, I have found it necessary to keep my world small. If you have not been hearing from me, it is because I am focusing primarily on Him and the tasks He's given me. I know that the smallness of my world is just temporary and will eventually expand once again. Knowing this, I have been praying that the Lord will give me wisdom in enlarging my territory. There are so many good things jockying for a place in my life, but I only have so much space to put them in. So, which ones would He have me include? My heart's desire is that I only welcome the things that He is clearly leading me in.

Father, the path You have me on right now is narrow. You have blessed me with some success in this present smallness, yet I know that it will not stay small like this forever. I pray that you would help me make wise choices about what belongs in my world. I pray that my focus will always be on You and that I will not lose sight of what You are calling me to. Strengthen me, Lord, to do Your will. Guide me along the paths that You would have me on. Give me ears to hear what You speak to me and a fierce determination to obey You. In the precious name of Jesus I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment