Tuesday, May 19, 2009

For love is a flower...

This begins one of my favorite quotes. I came upon it last summer while reading Little Men to my girls, and I was immediately struck by its beauty. I have SO enjoyed studying wildflowers with them lately. I cannot believe how much we have learned and the memories we have made. There is just something so satisfying about walking with them and hearing them tick off the names of the plants. Or to see them get excited about something they've found or a picture they've taken. I cannot even begin to touch upon how much I enjoy this. It is neat to me that this quote fittingly links love and flowers. While I've studied flowers it has made me think a lot about love. The love God has for us, the love I have for my kids, the love I have for the beauty of His creation..... I could go on, but I'll end with the entire quotation.

"For love is a flower that grows in any soil, works its sweet
miracles undaunted by autumn frost or winter snow, blooming fair
and fragrant all the year, and blessing those who give and those
who receive" (Little Men 369).

1 comment: